I started by going though the entire app and noting the issues that I came across, eg broken links and the like. From my notes of issues, I wrote some JIRA tickets which I started working on. The first issue that I dealt with if fixing all broken links. This basically meant creating all the missing pages. This was a great task to start with, as I got me even more familiar with the code. After sending out a few of these patches to the dev mailing list, my code was pushed to master -> Woohoo! :)
The pages that I created were index and show pages for CIMI resources. This was not all that tricky as there were some great helpers already written for the front-end. My next task was writing code for creating new entities. This was a little challenging, because I came across enough bugs/issues while writing this code. From Ruby bugs to bugs in the methods I was using. As I much as it was great that I found the issues and filed JIRA tickets for them, I felt 'slowed-down' enough. It's easy to feel unproductive after a whole day of chasing after a bug.
With most of the bugs fixed, I sent out the patches for creating some entities, which is great! I am looking into writing sending out the rest of the patches on creating entities, and move to my next task => Change the code so that CIMI client does not explicitly construct URL's but rather uses the URL's the server sent it. That should be fun! :)